Arduino Uno + Datalogger + Ethernet Shield

Hey there, got a question regarding Arduino Uno. I got a project from my superior in which I wanted to get data via ethernet, evaluate them and show the data on a screen. So I went with this setup after watching a tutorial online:

Arduino Uno + Logging Shield + Ethernet Shield (I am a beginner and this felt like building a lego tower but supposedly it should work).

Now I connected the Arduino to my PC and loaded an example which should print Ethernet DHCPaddressprinter. Then I tried the following setup:

I connected the Arduino with Ethernet to my PC and checked it's IP. I am able to ping the address via cmd but the example-code claims I do not have an ethernet shield connected. Now the odd thing: I can ping the address I checked via Ethernet-Controller regardless of my Arduino being connected or completley shut off (so it should be the wrong IP but it's the IP I get shown when Arduino is connected).

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you very much

What am I doing wrong?

The first thing you are doing wrong is asking questions about code you didn't post.

The second thing you are doing wrong is not properly explaining what is connected to what. "I connected the Arduino with Ethernet to my PC". Does that mean that you connected an Ethernet cable between the Arduino the PC? Or, does that mean that you connected a serial cable between the Arduino and the PC? If it is the latter, where is the Ethernet cable connected?