arduino uno doubts

Hello,
I am using AVR for product development for the last 5-6 years. My tools are very simple however (emacs, tavrasm and sp12 on Linux) . I purchased Arduino Uno last week and found it to be very powerful.
I have some querries regarding Uno.

1. If I want to develop some small product on smaller foot-print-chip, can I use my Uno ? How ?
  2. As I percept, the ATMEGA328P on the Uno board is having a boot loader. Can I duplicate this chip? How?
  3. I have not understood the menu of Tools-->BurnBootloader correctly in context with Uno. Can someone explain?
    Thanks in advance.
    --prasad mehendale
  1. Yes! There are lots of smaller footprint Arduinos. I regularly use the ProMini as the heart of systems. DIP based Arduino-clones are also popular. Or build the ATMega into your own card.
  2. Yes! There is a great tutorial on hooking up a blank one sort of in parallel with the one on the card to program it, among other options.
  3. Don't know, haven't tried it yet. Do a Search and see what comes up! I think the bottom one "w/Arduino as ISP" describes #2 above.
  1. Yes! There is a great tutorial on hooking up a blank one sort of in parallel with the one on the card to program it, among other options.

Thanks CrossRoads!
Can you quote the link for the tutorial please ?

Try this one