Arduino Uno drivers not recognised on windows XP

So I am currently trying to get my arduino to work with my Notebook (Samsung NC110). I have installed the Arduino IDE, followed the instructions and attempted to run the blink code, however it fails due to COM1 not existing. So I find that the PC doesnt want to recognise it and driver issues are occuring. I have tried every method on the internet to get the drivers to be recognised but each time I go into one of many folders which I know contain a copy of the arduino uno .inf file but the device managed driver installer says it cannot find anything and fails. I have also tried the enhanced arduino IDE and the same problem occured. The same arduino has the same issue with my Mac however it works fine with my other desktop which is running windows vista. Any ideas would be appreciated.

first I need snapshot of your device manager.

I have tried every method on the internet to get the drivers to be recognised but each time I go into one of many folders which I know contain a copy of the arduino uno .inf file but the device managed driver installer says it cannot find anything and fails

What are the method you tried so far??

Have you tried to installed your driver manually.
Have you check port detected in device manager highlighted with yellow or not??
try to put snapshot so better to understanding

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzK6NRYXisOsRThNSk1KbFpVVFk/view?usp=sharing

Above is a link to a screenshot of my device manager, as shown it appears under other devices. I have tried installing the drivers manually but what happens is I go into the arduino drivers folder click for it to use the drivers there and it comes back saying no drivers have been found. I have disabled driver signing so that shouldnt be an issue, I have also gone to the FDCI (unsure if correct letters) website and re-installed the drivers they have up and still no luck.

Hope the picture helps explain. Thanks for the reply.

Which board exactly you have?

It is an Arduino Uno R3

I have kjust rechecked and it definatly works and so does the cable as when in my desktop running vista it is recognised and everything goes fine, it is only on XP and mac it has problems.