Arduino UNO Fingerprint scanner door lock

I really need help with this one. I got my fingerprint scanner and lcd to work, but my door lock just doesnt want to work… it works when i dont connect it to arduino, when i put wire on wire it works, but connecting to arduino just doesnt work, maybe its problem in my code… sorry for my english im young and not my mother language.

Fingerprint.ino (3.33 KB)

please.

but my door lock just doesnt want to work.. it works when i dont connect it to arduino, when i put wire on wire it works, but connecting to arduino just doesnt work

What does "put wire on wire" mean? We really need to see a schematic.

Specifically, what is connected to pin 10? How much voltage and current does whatever it is require?

this is the video.. at the start it says waiting for fingerprint, then i reset the arduino then relay buzzz and when it loads my fingerprint and it needs to buzz again it doesnt...

http://textuploader.com/dptkn

btw. yes on the schematic relay is connected wrongly

P.S. wire to wire means i connect it to electricity and i put 2 naked wires on top of each other and then the door strike goes in and out ( relay need to do that )

bad english sry...

btw. yes on the schematic relay is connected wrongly

That is THE key component. Fix your schematic to reflect how the relay really is connected.

i think its error somewhere at the start of the code but not 100% sure.. relay is working with and without components at the start, but when it loads my fingerprints and lcd display " fingerprint found unlocking" the relay doesnt buzz and the strike does not open

and lcd display " fingerprint found unlocking" the relay doesnt buzz

I'm sure that you know the relationship between " fingerprint found unlocking" and "Otisak prihvacen. Otkljucavam!", but most of us do not.

What I would do would be to put the LCD in a drawer for now. Put the relay in with it.

Connect a LED (with current limiting resistor) to the pin that the relay was attached to. Use Serial.print(), instead of lcd.print(). Does the LED turn on and off when you scan you fingerprint?

cross posted here. File99 do not cross post.

Relay pin is not an OUTPUT pin in code.

sorry guys, but i really need this solved..

http://textuploader.com/dptpf

i changed the code few hours ago but its still the same..

will try the led thing now

Edit: When i connected the diode and it loaded my finger it works for 30 sec then its off, just like its in program

Can be locked :slight_smile: