Arduino Uno for Car alternator

Hi guys

I want to ask y’all a question regarding programming the Arduino uno for using it to send pwm signals to the Cars PWM alternators.

I already programmed my Arduino uno my voltage was 13.5 now it’s 14.3 which is good, the problem is when I turned on my head lights, A/C and dual fans the voltage dropped to 13.2 !!

My question is how to make it steady at the 14 range ?

Here is the codes I used

Please post your code here. See How to use the Forum

I have taken alternators apart (and put them back together correctly) but I don't understand this

Arduino uno for using it to send pwm signals to the Cars PWM alternators

...R

Robin2:
Please post your code here. See How to use the Forum

I have taken alternators apart (and put them back together correctly) but I don't understand this
...R

Perhaps the OP is pwm'ing the field coils and not actually rotating the alternator. But, who knows.

Paul

The later gm alternator has 2 pin connector instead of 4 pin style on older vehicles

The 2 pin connector alternator requires 128hz of pwm signal to charge properly, I used the Arduino as a source of that signal

Naw4fz:
The 2 pin connector alternator requires 128hz of pwm signal to charge properly, I used the Arduino as a source of that signal

Please post a link to the datasheet.

...R

Is this the type of alternator which is normally controlled by the vehicles ECU ? ( can bus controlled)

I’m unsure how these are controlled , but think the ECU can turn charging on or off or change it’s output .

Might be some help to other responders