I have a brand new Arduino uno and cannot get any code (even an empty file or the "blink" program) to load into it. I turned on verbose upload debugging and the last message to be displayed when I hit upload is Overriding Baud Rate : 115200. Then nothing, no failure messages, no attempts to upload. The RX/TX lights on the arduino never flash.
- Have tried with Windows 7 32 bit and a mac with osx 10.9.5
- Power light is on
- LED 13 flashes as per normal (so bootloader is ok?)
- USB driver has been manually updated
- Correct board is selected in TOOLS>board
- Correct port is selected in TOOLS>port
- Computer has been rebooted
- Using 1.6.7 software and 1.6.5 software.
- Have tried different USB cables
- Have tried with an external PSU and also just powering off USB.
I've found a lot of other topics where uploads fail for various reasons, but can't find any where the upload never really even starts or properly fails! Any ideas much appreciated, thank you!