Arduino Uno (header file inclusion)

I am new to Arduino (previously I learned on a Microchip PIC), and I am working my way through Simon Monk's book: "Programming Arduino: Getting Started with Sketches".

As the author instructed on page 98, I downloaded the Bounce file from the website into my Arduino subfolder. When I open the Arduino IDE and I click on File > Sketchbook, I see "Bounce2-master" along with "Bounce2-master(1)". However, when I try to upload the sketch into my Arduino Uno, I get a compilation error that says:

"Bounce2.h: No such file or directory"

even though the sketch contains:

#include <Bounce2.h>

I guess that I am missing something important about where to place my header files so that the Arduino compiler can find them.

I would gladly welcome any advice on where I am failing.

Thanks

BryAB:
I downloaded the Bounce file from the website into my Arduino subfolder.

Please post a link to where you downloaded the file.
Also, note that you posted to the wrong forum section(Arduino 101) and double posted(http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=393283.0), not a very good start here.

I apologize for posting twice. I did so accidentally and could not determine how to delete the second accidental post.

I downloaded the file from:

http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Code/Bounce

I also apologize for posting to wrong forum. I assumed that Arduino 101 was for beginner questions. To which forum should I post?

Ok, so to install the Bounce2 library do the following:

This will put the library in the correct location so that the Arduino IDE can find the header file.

It sounds like you tried to install the library by copying it to your sketchbook folder. This is almost right. To manually install the library you would:

• Open the file Bounce2-master.zip
  • Copy the folder Bounce2-master to {sketchbook folder}/libraries.

To find your sketchbook folder check File > Preferences > Sketchbook location.
Not necessary, but if you want to remove the two copies of the library from your sketchbook that were incorrectly installed delete Bounce2-master and Bounce2-master(1) from your sketchbook folder.

BryAB:
I also apologize for posting to wrong forum. I assumed that Arduino 101 was for beginner questions. To which forum should I post?

No worries! The Arduino 101 is a different Arduino Board than the Uno, it's newer and uses different hardware and is a bit more advanced. I think this one would have been best in Programming Questions or Installation and Troubleshooting maybe. The moderators will probably move it to a better location at some point.