Arduino Uno + HX711 + 7 Segment Display

I have successfully understood how to use Hx711 with Arduino and display the Readings on 16x2 LCD Display with I2c method.

But there is a limitation of using 16x2 LCD or 20x4 LCD that the text is so small and less noticeable from a distance,

So I want to use Large 7 Segment Display for my project, I want to show weight in Seven segment display. Please suggest me how to do that, Is there any module or Arduino Library of doing so.

I will be very thankful :slight_smile:

Start off by reading this Programming an 8 digit 7-segment display, the easy way, using a Max7219

How large is large?

You should write or print some numbers on paper in different sizes, then stand back at the required distance and see how big they must be to read them clearly. Remember that others' eyesight may not be as good as yours.

Max7219 makes driving 7 seg displays easy, as Mike suggests. But very large 7 seg displays may need more than 5V supply, and the max chip is limited to 5V. It can be made to drive large displays, but the circuit is quite complicated. There may be easier ways.

Other possibilities include saa1064 chip. But these are not easy to find and can be expensive.

For a really large display, you could make your own segments by cutting up an led strip and use tpic6b595 to drive each digit.

For a really large display, you could make your own segments by cutting up an led strip and …

You could also make them from addressable WS2812 LED strips and then it would be all 5V driven from just one Arduino pin.