Arduino Uno, LCD Keypad Shield and DS3234 RTC

So, I previously looked for help here but received pretty much nothing. I am hoping (for the last time, because I am so far unhappy with this "forum"), that someone will be willing to help me.

I am trying to make an aquarium auto-doser, using 4 peristaltic pumps running on a 4 channel relay. I am using the DFRobot LCD Keypad Shield, because there is some information that would I need to visually see (like how much fluid is left in each container, etc.) and I am trying to use it with the DS3234 RTC.

I understand that certain pins on the Arduino Uno are pre-designated to certain pins on the RTC, but my problem is that those pins are currently being used by the LCD. Most of the remaining digital pins are being used to control the relay. I was told by a retail assistant that I can hook up the RTC to the Arduino's analog pins. However, I am unsure which pins need to be assigned to SS, MOSI, MISO and SCK.

I am now getting sore eyes from scouring the internet and this forum only to find nothing of use to me. So far, the only response I had to my previous post was an ill attempt at patronisation and I don't take too kindly to it either. Is there anybody that can just tell me whether it is possible to connect the RTC to the analog pins or not, and how to do so if it is possible?

I look forward to your responses.

for the last time, because I am so far unhappy with this "forum"

You get what you paid for. How much were you charged when you registered? When you posted?

I was told by a retail assistant that I can hook up the RTC to the Arduino's analog pins. However, I am unsure which pins need to be assigned to SS, MOSI, MISO and SCK.

That was nonsense. The clock you have chosen is an SPI device, which means that it needs to be connected tot he SPI pins - 11, 12, and 13. Any available pin can be used for the SS pin.

but my problem is that those pins are currently being used by the LCD.

Get a different LCD - a serial one will use just one pin.

Thanks for the response... That's a helluva lot more informative for me than the previous response I got. I'm not sure I understand your first remark, however.

I'll look into getting a different LCD. I wondered about this but wasn't sure if it would help in any way.

Is far as Arduino is concerned, I am doing much better at programming than I am with the actual electronics involved, so your help in this regard is very much appreciated.

Thanks again.

I'll look into getting a different LCD. I wondered about this but wasn't sure if it would help in any way.

I went and looked at the LCD you have. It does not use pins 11, 12, or 13, so you should be able to keep it.