arduino uno max and minimum power consumption

i need to know what the max and minimum power consumption is for the arduino uno.

legoaceking: i need to know what the max and minimum power consumption is for the arduino uno.

Not a simple answer as there are variables involved. With USB power or with external DC power being used? With no external components wired to any of the shield pins? With the on-board pin 13 LED on or blinking or off?

I would say minimum is around 50-75ma (a wild ass guess), max is limited by the 500ma fuse using USB power or by the onboard +5vdc voltage regulator of around 700-800ma when using the external DC power connector. To convert the value to power (watts) multipy by the source voltage, 5vdc for USB or whatever the rated voltage is when using the external power connector.

Lefty

on my arduino uno i will use 2 transistors to control 2 9 volt motors and i will power them with 2 9 volt batts 1 for each. i will power the arduino using the dc power.

legoaceking: on my arduino uno i will use 2 transistors to control 2 9 volt motors and i will power them with 2 9 volt batts 1 for each. i will power the arduino using the dc power.

Well then you need to find out what the current consumption is for the motors, both with no load and full load/stalled locked rotor current, that is bound to be the biggest power consumer for the project, way more then the basic arduino board's consumption. Also 9 volt batteries are usually a very poor choice to power motors, they can only supply relatively low currents, very low power density (mah rating) and are very expensive for the actual amount of energy they can supply.

Lefty