I’m a newbie Arduino User, and here’s my problem,
My Arduino UNO Rev3 has been working fine until yesterday when I tried to control a stepper motor with and a Polulu A4988 module.
Last thing I did before the problem:
I supplied the Uno board from computer with the USB cable and I connected the 5 V power IO of the Arduino to the VDD of the Polulu module. So I’m pretty sure the problem came from that.
I thought the current draw was too high and a regulator has not supported or the USB-UART module burned or something like that.
- The ON and L leds light permanently (L doesn’t blink anymore)
- The board is not detected by PC anymore, no plug sound.
- There are only “serial port” and “COM1” in tools ->port of Arduino IDE while there was “COM3” before when I connected the Arduino
- Nothing appears in “Ports COM & LPT” and not even “Unknown Device” in Device Manager of Windows (I’m using Windows 7 OS by the way)
What I have already tried:
- Rebooting my computer
- Uninstalling and reinstalling Arduino IDE and arduino drivers
- Using another USB port
- Using another USB cable
- Using another computer (with Windows 8 OS )
- Push reset button
- Using an external power supply
- Of course unplug and plug Arduino many times
- Waiting too long time after plugging
What I suppose:
- The Atmega 328P Microcontroller died
- The USB-UART IC converter died
- A voltage regulator associated with USB power supply burned (if it exists on the board)
- Probably the least bad is a problem with the Arduino bootloader
First attempt Help for the 4th and 2nd supposition:
I want to try to solve the 4th supposition first but I don’t know how to do it. I have neither a programmer nor another Arduino.
However I have a FTDI USB-UART converter cable and I wonder if it is possible to use it to reprogram the bootloader but I don’t know how.
Or if the problem is the 2nd supposition, using the FTDI USB-UART cable to program directly the Arduino, but again I don’t know how.
I tried to connect the Rx of the cable to the Tx port of Arduino, Tx to Rx, Gnd to Gnd but It didn’t work. As I said I’m a newbie arduino user there are certainly other things to do (jumper to put, … ) ? ? ? ? ? ?
If First attempt fail: Help for the 1st supposition:
Should I buy an Atmega 328P microcontroller with a pre-programmed Arduino bootloader?
Any other solutions ? ? ? ? ?
Sorry! if it’s too long because I have been trying to search the solution myself before posting here that why I wrote everything to be as clear as possible.
I need your help please, thank you very much in advance.