Arduino Uno Not working

My Arduino Uno has been working for a while. but after a break it started giving me the error avrdude.exe: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

when i shift click + the upload avrdude.exe: usbdev_open(): did not find any USB device "usb"

I have choosen the right board and port, it happens on two win7 pc's reinstalled updated and installed drivers with no luck, even tried the enhanced edition of the IDE

I treid loop-back but it doesnt echo anything out. My rx and tx lights are not blinking at all Its stuck running the old software i uploaded

Sounds like you have the wrong board type selected under Tools-Board.

I got “Arduino Uno” selected like always =(

In that case the firmware on the USB-to-Serial chip may be faulty. Search for Arduino DFU for instructions on how to refresh that firmware.

johnwasser: In that case the firmware on the USB-to-Serial chip may be faulty. Search for Arduino DFU for instructions on how to refresh that firmware.

I tried downloading flip but it doesnt have my microcontroller mega328P-PU

tumenor: I tried downloading flip but it doesnt have my microcontroller mega328P-PU

That's because flip is for the USB-capable chips like the ATmega16u2 used to do the USB-to-Serial task on the Arduino UNO.

johnwasser:

tumenor: I tried downloading flip but it doesnt have my microcontroller mega328P-PU

That's because flip is for the USB-capable chips like the ATmega16u2 used to do the USB-to-Serial task on the Arduino UNO.

No matter what I do it says "Could not open USB device"

johnwasser:

oh ok.. But the only way i could refresh the DFU was through that according to what i found :S

Bump :~

So you are following the directions at: http://arduino.cc/en/Hacking/DFUProgramming8U2

Where do you get stuck?

You downloaded flip (so you are running Windows?) You downloaded the latest firmware? You added the 10K resistor a shown in the picture if necessary? You connected the USB cable? You reset the Atmega8u2/16u4 and verified that the serial port no longer appeared? You ran flip to upload the .hex file?