arduino uno R3 as I2C master

I'll start by explaining that this is my first work in electronics, and programming anything that is not a computer. ( I did learn basic programming, but never any sort of communications, protocols ,etc.)
I am workin on a project in robotics, and I need to use arduino uno as a master for I2C device- a magnetic sensor, hmc6352.
I understand that there are some functions that already exist, but i'm having a very hard time at finding information that relates to my needs.

Basicaly, i want to communicate with the device directly, and I'm not sure how to create the clock signal. I understand Wire library is supposed to be for the purpose of I2C communications, but there are no functions there for clock generating.
Besides that, I'm really not sure about which functions to use for what, and all the information I find on the internat seems to be one step beyond my understanding.
I will greatly appreciate some guiding in the area (which libraries to use, which functions and the like). If anyone knows an article or cite that explains this simply it would be great too.

Thank you!

First hit in google for "hmc6352 arduino" I got: Arduino Playground - HomePage

That is specifically for the sparkfun module though, which I think has own pullup resistors.

I understand Wire library is supposed to be for the purpose of I2C communications, but there are no functions there for clock generating.

The library does everything for you, don't worry about it.

MarkT is right. Connect up SDA/SCL (and Gnd) and use the library functions. It is all done for you. See above link.

thank you!
because i read the information about spi i assumed i needed to write more. i think i'm pretty much set.
also, i didn't even try searching for arduino and hmc6352 in google, only in the forums.
anyway, thank you very much.