Arduino Uno R3 board with Atmega328p-pu

Hello, for Arduino Uno R3 board with Atmega328p-pu which is 28PDIP, do you have Arduino Uno R3 board for Atmega328p-AU with 32-TQFP package? If yes, If the Atmega328p-au is replaced with Atmega328p-15AZ with 32-TQFP package, will the all open source programs from running Arduino Uno R3 board with Atmega328p-pu still works for the new chip of Atmega328p-15AZ with 32-TQFP packag?

Thanks for help,

JH

Check the products section of the website. your post is a little wordy and hard to decipher. Yes the UNO can either be a -PU (28 pin DIP 'through-hole') or an -AU (32-TQFP SMT) version. Sketches are compatible with both. This other chip you mention I have never heard of.

junhuiz: will the all open source programs from running Arduino Uno R3 board with Atmega328p-pu still works for the new chip of Atmega328p-15AZ with 32-TQFP packag?

Yes. A Mega328 is a Mega328. The only difference is the shape of the chip.

Thanks all for reply.

I noticed there is Arduino UNO SMD board which use 32-TQFP chip, Since Atmega328p-15AZ is of 32-TQFP package, It should be able to replace the chip on the board.

What I want know is that all open source programs from running Arduino Uno R3 board with Atmega328p-pu still work for Arduino UNO SMD with Atmega328p-15AZ is of 32-TQFP package? Because Atmega328p-pu has 28 pins and Atmega328p-15AZ has 32 pins and I am wondering pins configuration is the same or not for using the open source programs for running Arduino Uno R3 board with Atmega328p-pu?
If It works, I will buy a Arduino UNO SMD in order for using Atmega328p-15AZ with 32-TQFP package.

Thanks again,

JZ

Off the top off my head, the only slight difference is that the smt chip has an extra analog input or two, which isn't even broken out (accessible) on the uno. But otherwise, yes, they are compatible.

The -15AZ is screened for automotive use. 16MHz 2.7 - 5.5V ATmega328P- 15AZ Package MA Automotive (-40°C to 125°C)

MA Package: 32 - Lead, 7x7 mm Body Size, 1.0 mm Body Thickness 0.5 mm Lead Pitch, Thin Profile Plastic Quad Flat Package (TQFP)

So it is smaller than the AU package that I suspect is used on the SMD Uno: 32A 32-lead, 7 x 7mm body size, 1.0mm body thickness, 0.8mm lead pitch, thin profile plastic quad flat package (TQFP)

I would ask why would you do that? If it's for the wider temperature rating what about all the other components on the arduino SMD board that wouldn't carry the same temperature range?

Thanks for reply,

I have checked the pins configuration for both package of ATmega328P- 15AZ and package of ATmega328P- AU, they actually have the same size with pin pitch of 0.8mm, where did you get information for MA 32TQFP with 0.5mm pin pitch?

Thanks,

your are right , if other components can not work under that higher temperature, I want it to work up to 125 C, that is why, If the whole board will not work when Temperature goes up 125 C, changing the micro-controller has no meaning, Thanks,

http://www.atmel.com/Images/doc7810.pdf Page 333 Altho page 334 shows 0.8mm typical pitch. 32A package looks a lot like MA package doesn't it.