Arduino UNO R3 not being detected

Hello there, I bought an arduino uno r3 3 years ago~, I used it for a while and got bored, now I wanted to start again with it but none or my pcs can detect (Not even as an unknown device) the arduino, my old pc runs windows xp SP3 and the new one is running Windows 8.1.

I tried 4 different cables as well so there's only a possibility my board is damaged or something similar, my question is there anyway I can fix it?

I also installed manually the device using the add hardware menu, (I tried with the Arduino uno driver and arduino uno rev3 driver) and it gave me the same error: This device cannot start Code 10 error.

Soooo, any help?, please

Thanks

First: I cant understand HOW you can get bored with Arduino. Try with XP again and if it works its your USB to Serial converter.

ivanhrv: but none or my pcs can detect (Not even as an unknown device) the arduino,

Sounds like the ATmega8u2 used for USB to Serial is damaged. If it isn't even showing up as an unknown device, you may not even be able to use DFU to reprogram it.

http://www.arduino.cc/en/Hacking/DFUProgramming8U2

Hello, I also faced the same sort problem. I programed my arduino uno r3 on windows7 os to run a dc motor with proper circuit using 3.3v arduino supply for a few seconds on the 9th digital pin. Since then, I am not being able to upload any new program as my pc is not detecting my arduino uno. But the previous program is running fine.

I tried different cables. I also installed manually the device using the add hardware menu (tried with the Arduino uno driver) and it gave me the error: This device cannot start Code 10 error.

Is my arduino damaged or whether I can fix it somehow?

please help....

milansahana: Hello, I also faced the same sort problem.

Okay so the original poster said nothing about 3.3V arduino supplies, dc motors, or digital pin 9.

So how is it you have the same problem?

milansahana: Is my arduino damaged or whether I can fix it somehow?

Do I need to copy and paste the response I already gave the previous poster?