Arduino Uno R3 - WIN7 64 bit Problems

Dear friends,

I am a new member of this forum - therefore please be patient with me and my questions.
At this weekend I ordered my first Arduino Uno R3. Today I got it. After downloading and installing of the IDE I tried to install the driver by using the unknown device in my system as discribed in many manuals and topics. Unfortunatelly it is not working - my computer say, there is no driver available in the “drivers” directory.
Due to the other topics I attached two pics of my Arduino Uno.

I would be very happy if anybody can help me to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance!

Marco

Well that looks like an Uno R3 with the Atmel 16U2 USB to serial chip (it is actually a micro controller configured as such).

Check the getting started guide for Windows here, especially the drivers part. You may have to turn off driver signing.

Thanks for your answer.
I already did zhe driver installation due to the posted tutorial.

Attached you can find two screenshots in one file with my occuring error (in german).

What caan I do?

I am very unhappy at present.

Thanks in advance!
Marco

ArduinoError.pdf (575 KB)

Can you try the board in another machine, with a different USB cable (and also the same one)?

Have you got access to a Linux Live CD of some sort to see what that can detect?

Yes I already did without success. Are there any requirements to the cable itself?

Now I got in contact to the Distributor and send it back. Maybe there will be a error on the board.

Thanks for answering!

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem, with windows 8:

“Impossible to find the good driver”.

I hope I can find the solution here

Regards

Geosop:
Hello,

I have exactly the same problem, with windows 8:

"Impossible to find the good driver".

I hope I can find the solution here

Regards

In which case post a picture of your board or a link to where it came from so that we can identify the drivers needed for the board.

Hi

This is this card:

http://www.txrobotic.com/fr/carte-uno-r3.html

Thank you for your answer

See the Windows getting started guide here. Pay particular attention to the drivers section. You may need to turn off driver signing.

Ok, i will try again this, but it is this a try yesterday.

Hi

I had try again the method, and it doesn’t work: Windows can’t find any driver. I try the method for the unsigned drivers. It doesn’t work. I try to disabled the boot secure in the bios. No succes

Any idea?

1.JPG

2.JPG

Problem solve.

Thank you

Problem solve.

You came here for help, and somehow you fixed your problem. It is important to let other users of the forum what actions corrected your problem. Other people may learn and be helped as well. If you did something stupid and realized that, say what it was, because others are likely to make the same mistake.

As Cattledog says, it would be really useful to know what actually fixed the problem.

Hi

I have solved my problem with this tuto

regards

Many thanks!

Today I got my new Arduino Uno. I tried again to fix the problem - without success. Now I did it like Geosop posted and it runs!

Thanks!