Arduino UNO REV 3

I see from AdaFruit that Radio Shack will be selling the Arduino UNO REV 3 board. Does anybody know anything about this board? Is there an announcement anywhere in this regard? What is fixed? What is new? What is different?

I am assuming this: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,64256.0.html

I am puzzled as to why there is no official announcement for REV 3 of the UNO board. Seems counter to the open source environment.

kashken: I am puzzled as to why there is no official announcement for REV 3 of the UNO board. Seems counter to the open source environment.

Same for UNO R2. No announcement. Simply it appeared on shelves instead of the UNO R1.

I bought one from Radio Shack this past weekend, can't get it to work. It seems not to want to compile(build 0023). You can see what I have tried in my asking for help. billmorganus

@billmorganus - have you had a chance to try this with Arduino 1.0? Does it work properly there? thanks.

kashken: I am puzzled as to why there is no official announcement for REV 3 of the UNO board. Seems counter to the open source environment.

I don't ever recall an Arduino prior official announcement for a simple board revision release, they just develop, manufacture, release and, ship the hardware. Documentation eventually catches up. Most cases (all?) the hardware revision has no effect on existing IDE, sketches, or shield compatiblity.

Lefty

haikuty: @billmorganus - have you had a chance to try this with Arduino 1.0? Does it work properly there? thanks.

I've compiled and uploaded to my uno r2 & r3 successfully with v23 & v1.0

I forgot to add that when I first plugged in the rev 3 board I had to install the driver again (win 7 x64)