My arduino uno r3 board is no more recognised by the computer. When a connect it with the usb cable to the pc:
- the option ports under tools is greyed out, so I cannot upload code.
- it is not found with device manager neither under COMxx nor as other devices
- it does not make the characteristic beeb sound when you connect-disconnect usb device or other arduino boards to pc.
I have tried the following without success:
- different usb cable and port and different computers (windows 8 and linux ubuntu)
- connecting-disconnecting the board multiple times.
- using the reset button alone or by pressing it and leaving it with different combination while connecting-disconnecting the board and starting/closing the ide and trying to upload “empty code” to reset it .
All these were found in the internet as possible solutions but nothing worked in my case.
The board runs continuously the last uploaded code (code was controlling servo motor and when I connect the servo to the board it works just fine).
Does this mean it is stuck in an endless loop? Could you please tell me how I can have access again to the board to be able to appload new programms?
Any help/advice would be much appreciated!