arduino uno serial capability

hi,
i am designing auto pilot for remote control aircraft and i like to use "uno atmega 328p" as computing and controlling device. i want to use all serial ports UART,SPI,I2C in my project to communicate with sensors,memory,control etc. i have heard that all serial communications could not be used in single atmega328p chip. is it true?

GPS USES UART.
SPI USES EEPROM WITH OSD.
I2C USES ALTITUDE ,TEMPERATURE, COMPASS ETC.

KINDLY HELP ME IN THIS .

Please don't SHOUT.

How about using SoftwareSerial for the GPS?
Or, indeed, the hardware UART?

Whoever told you that is wrong. You can certainly use all the I/O.

dingdong123:
i have heard that all serial communications

I don't understand why you use the word "all" when you have only described one serial connection - to the GPS.

...R

Robin2:
I don’t understand why you use the word “all” when you have only described one serial connection - to the GPS.

…R

SPI and I2C are also serial connections.

I guess it never crossed my mind that there could be a problem using Serial and SPI and I2C

In any case the Arduino can only do one thing at a time so that should spread things out a little :slight_smile:

…R

For what it’s worth, I have a network of MySensors, all Nanos or Unos, some of which are using I2C (OLED display and barometer/thermometer), SPI (nRF radio) and serial over USB.

Using SoftwareSerial can block interrupts for a long time, during transmit or receive.

HardwareSerial (aka Serial), AltSoftSerial (pins 8 & 9 only) and NeoSWSerial (any pins) do not have that problem.

Otherwise, no big deal.

Cheers,
/dev