Arduino Uno SMD "L LED" Pulsing and Not Recognized by Computer(s)

So, I created a PCB with the FT232RL chip and ATMEGA328P-AU. The LED that is L (in my case STATUS) is pulsing in basically 2 second intervals (goes to max brightness, dims down to almost no brightness, goes right back to max). The chip is supposed to to be programmed with the Duemilanove bootloader. Also, the computer doesn't recognize anything when I plug it in via USB. No sound is made and nothing shows up in device manager.

It's probably just the normal state of the board when you have just burned the bootloader and have not uploaded a sketch to it yet. It's basically just a test routine to show the board is working properly so at the factory they can verify that the bootloader was successfully installed on the board. Upload something and that will go away.

pert:
It’s probably just the normal state of the board when you have just burned the bootloader and have not uploaded a sketch to it yet. It’s basically just a test routine to show the board is working properly so at the factory they can verify that the bootloader was successfully installed on the board. Upload something and that will go away.

I can’t upload anything to it because my computer, and others, does not recognize anything is plugged in. No sound is made and nothing shows up in device manager. So I’m not sure what the issue could be.

Nothing even appears under "Other devices" in device manager after you plug it in?

Try using a different USB cable or verify the cable you're using works on a different device. You may have a charging only or damaged cable.

pert:
Nothing even appears under "Other devices" in device manager after you plug it in?

Try using a different USB cable or verify the cable you're using works on a different device. You may have a charging only or damaged cable.

I've tried two different cables. One is brand new. I've even had device manager show hidden devices. Literally nothing appears there. Windows doesn't make the sound confirmation it usually makes when you plug a USB device in either.