Arduino Uno SMD R3 Edition "Problem Uploading"

Hello,

I’ve been struggling the past few days in connecting my Arduino Uno to my pc.

Stats: Windows 10 64bit
Intel core i3
Arduino Uno SMD R3 Edition
Arduino 1.6.12

I got my Arduino 4 years ago in a starter package. It worked fine back then, I did all the basic programming. However, I’ve been trying to using it the past few days for a project but something is wrong with the connection.

#1 When I connect arduino to pc, TX,RX, and ON LED’s are on, except L on PIN 13, I remember it used to flash before.

#2 the ports section is never available to select whichever port the arduino is connected to, however at the bottom it’s defaulted to “COM1”

#3 When I try to upload a sketch regardless, I get this “avrdude: ser_open(): can’t open device “\.\COM1”: The system cannot find the file specified.”

I have even resorted to using a macbook pro with the latest IOS software and hooked it up to samsung s7 edge (using arduino droid app) and still the same issue persists, the board can’t be read, although it powers up fine. Is it a problem with the board at this point?

Thanks for the help in advance!

theosol: except L on PIN 13, I remember it used to flash before.

Only if you have a sketch running on the Uno that flashes the LED. The boards come with the Blink sketch running but once you upload something else that doesn't flash pin 13 that will no longer happen

theosol:

2 the ports section is never available to select whichever port the arduino is connected to, however at the bottom it's defaulted to "COM1"

That indicates you may need to install the driver for your Arduino. You can't just use COM1 and hope that's going to work because it won't. The drivers for official Arduino boards are located in the drivers subfolder of the Arduino IDE installation folder. If your Arduino is a clone then it may need a different driver depending on which USB-serial chip is on it. You would need to take a look at the chip but try the official drivers first.

@Pert

Thanks for your input.

I bought a new Leonardo board, and it works flawlessly so my guess would be that something got fried in the UNO board since the port wasn't recognized on osx, windows, android and linux.

Thanks again!