Arduino Uno stk500_getsync() problem (again !) [SOLVED]

I know that this thread is about a problem which has been common around here, but please here me out because I'm a total n00b to this. Whenever I try to load the basic "Blink" sketch example into the IDE, I get this response, avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x30 . On the verbose output, I got:

Binary sketch size: 1,084 bytes (of a 32,256 byte maximum) C:\Users\Jojo\Desktop\Arduino IDE stuff\fixed-arduino-1.0.1-windows\arduino-1.0.1\hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude -CC:\Users\Jojo\Desktop\Arduino IDE stuff\fixed-arduino-1.0.1-windows\arduino-1.0.1\hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -v -v -v -patmega328p -carduino -P\.\COM3 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\Jojo\AppData\Local\Temp\build6030634921631498707.tmp\Blink.cpp.hex:i

avrdude: Version 5.11, compiled on Sep 2 2011 at 19:38:36 Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/ Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Users\Jojo\Desktop\Arduino IDE stuff\fixed-arduino-1.0.1-windows\arduino-1.0.1\hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port : \.\COM3 Using Programmer : arduino Overriding Baud Rate : 115200 avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20] avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20] avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20] avrdude: Recv: 0 [30] avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x30

avrdude done. Thank you.

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit. I know that my Arduino Uno has connected to the computer successfully, because the green power light lights up and the pin 13 yellow LED marked with an 'L' starts blinking and continues on indefinitely (I guess this is an indication that the bootloader is working properly in the ATmega328 chip). However, whenever I try sending any sort of information or any sketch, the RX and TX LEDs don't light up at all. That's a little demoralizing :~

I tried everything, like reinstalling my drivers and checking and changing my serial port a number of times (my arduino's on COM3, btw). I checked whether I've selected the right board and serial port or not on the IDE. Heck, I even tried downloading the software again ! I tried the loop-back test and got squat in return. I searched the net as well as the forum, but I can't seem to fix this problem :(

I'm really sorry if this is one of the n00bish questions here, but I was really frustrated, because I've been trying to fix this for the last 3 hours. Please help :(

I'm gonna be one of those guys who's going to say "never mind" about this problem, again ! I uninstalled the Arduino from the Device Manager and reinstalled it and it started working ! I still don't know what what wrong with it though....