Arduino Uno using WS2812 with vibration sensor

Hello group,

i am using an arduino uno and have the WS2812 working using Fastled examples sketch.

The 60 led / m strip will be in a dartboard and i would like to have the various effects play for 2 seconds randomly when a vibration is felt from my vibration sensor (when the dart hits the board)

Then when there is no vibration for 15 seconds, i would have the leds go into (attract) mode, just scrolling the effects randomly for about 10 seconds each modes.

Sorry if that makes no sense to you, i am trying to explain the best i can.

Thank you

It can be done. Just go ahead.

Since you have the LED strip and you have an Arduino Uno I guess the next logical step would be to find and choose a sensor to detect when a dart hits the board. Probably along the lines of a shock and vibration sensor. Then how to interface the sensor to your board and your board to your LED string.

Ron

Ron_Blain:
Since you have the LED strip and you have an Arduino Uno I guess the next logical step would be to find and choose a sensor to detect when a dart hits the board. Probably along the lines of a shock and vibration sensor. Then how to interface the sensor to your board and your board to your LED string.

Ron

Yes i already have the vibration sensor/switch, i just have no idea on programming the code.

Does Your sensor have any name, any origin, any data sheet?