Arduino Uno WiFi Connection Issues

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Arduinos with WiFi capabilities, and I just got the Arduino Uno Wifi. After getting the initial setup settings ready following the guide on

http://www.arduino.org/learning/getting-started/getting-started-with-arduino-uno-wifi,

I tried using the example code ConnectNoEncryption in the WiFi.h library with no luck. After hours of trying different things in the code (baud rates, IP addresses, SSIDs in UTF-8....), I am still not able to connect according to the serial monitor. I am using a mobile hotspot (set up to be open) that allows me to see what devices are connected, and the Uno Wifi shows up on the hotspot. Is there an updated library I don't know about? Is the firmware on the Esp8266EX need to be updated? What am I missing?

Any help would be great! Thanks

Hello,

I am having problems too with Arduino UNO Wifi board. At the very first try, I connected the board to the PC, and I could find the wifi: Arduino-Uno-WiFi-xxxx. I tried to do the configuration as it said in the tutorial. However, there was a bug. Then, I could no longer found the wifi Arduino-Uno-WiFI-xxxx. I am trying to solve the problem hopelessly.

Please help!

Thank you in advance.

Hi!

I have the same issue, since yesterday have tried everything i could find and when I'm following the instructions at: http://www.arduino.org/learning/getting-started/getting-started-with-arduino-uno-wifi

and when Im changing the status to STA it states "Error Changing status", afterwards my arduinos SsiD disappears.

Please help!!!!!!!!!

I am also experiencing the same problem as well. Tried changing the status to STA and got an error. Afterward i am unable to connect to my board

Same! i found it in my wifi but when i did the settings i put the wrong wifi password so it wasn't connected and i tried holding down the reset wifi button with no luck

A ... just the same problem :-/

hello everyone,

I noticed that once I connect to a new network I experience the exact same problem. It connects and when I try to switch to STA it says 'Error'. Suddenly the Wifi-Arduino-xxx network disappears.

If it helps at all, when I tried it on a new network it was clearly visible and the same process just repeats.

Whilst using the 192.xx address in a new network, provided by the Arduino page, I see that the connection is still set-up from the last previously connected network. so going back and forth between networks is useless as its unfunctional!!!

I notice that when the Uno isn't connected to any network, the LED of the Wi-Fi remains constantly on, whilst when connected to a network, it blinks every one second or so. this means that the Arduino is connected to the network but the access console page for the Arduino won't open.

This is a huge debug error as this is the main reason why i purchased this version, for easier Wi-fi communication. If anyone has any answers please share so.

Been having the same problem too. I have updated the firmware and made sure to change mode status only AFTER connecting to the IP address of my home Wifi. Had a lot of research but no answers… pls help

I experienced when having an unsuccessful upload, the previous successful uploaded application started to work ... unfortunately it stopped working when I repowered the board.

steinee: I experienced when having an unsuccessful upload, the previous successful uploaded application started to work ... unfortunately it stopped working when I repowered the board.

what is what you call 'application'? a sketch? what is 'unsuccessful upload'?

I have answers to Uno WiFi, but they never come back :-)