Arduino Uno Wifi

so from the beginning. the Uno WiFi Serial1 library is special for Uno WiFi board. it is a gate to the esp8266. where others use SoftwareSerial to connect esp8266 module, Uno WiFi needs this library.

and the EspProxy sketch replaces direct connection of the esp8266 to computer for flashing firmware or sketch.

and that is all you need extra for the Uno WiFi.

WiFi Link instructions are for any Arduino used with esp8266 .

sorry, more tomorrow

Tnx Juraj.

I see now there is a whole different world in the web editor and the Arduino program ( IDE ? ).
More or less from scratch now.

Also I discovered the "firmware "update "you mentioned !

I attache a picture of updates besides the firmware you pointed to.

Should the update UnoWifiSerial1 belog in the updates of the picture.
I did not see the serial!

I updated the library.

Let me see what i can do more.
I noticed there are not much ( only 3 options in the selection bar ) of firmware update.
File too large.
I send it later on.

the Uno WiFi Serial1 library is in Library Manager in IDE. better install it there, not from GitHub.
please do not call this library firmware. we call a 'firmware' the firmware for the esp8266. the Uno WiFi Serial1 library is only a gate to esp8266.

the EspProxy sketch from Uno WiFi Serial1 examples has two modes. an automatic mode and a hard-to-bootloader mode. the settings is the #define FLASHING at the beginning of the sketch.

for WiFi Link firmware installation we need the hard-to-bootloader mode. warning in this mode the esp8266 doesn't start the user program, (it is io 0 LOW all the time). so you need to remove it at the end.

so after installing the Serial1 library, open the EspProxy sketch, uncomment FLASHING and upload the sketch into Atmega.

the next step is to erase the flash of the esp8266 to clear all old SDK settings. do you have esptool installed. if yes, run esptool.py -p COMx erase_flash

Lets proceed :slight_smile:

Start Arduino and open Preferences window.
Enter http://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.json into Additional Board Manager URLs field. You can add multiple URLs, separating them with commas.

done:

Open Boards Manager from Tools > Board menu and find esp8266 platform.

There are updates but nothing like β€œesp8266”.

you must restart the IDE after adding the url for Boards Manager.

and did you already upload the EspProxy and erase the flash? it is better now before you switch the IDE to esp board

Juraj:
you must restart the IDE after adding the url for Boards Manager.

and did you already upload the EspProxy and erase the flash? it is better now before you switch the IDE to esp board

I restarted, if not visible i,ll shut it down totally .

IDe 1.8.4 , is that too new ?

Let me focus on the "EspProxy ", don,t have any idea.
Let me look for it in your link and i,ll come back to you.

so after installing the Serial1 library, open the EspProxy sketch, uncomment FLASHING and upload the sketch into Atmega.

the next step is to erase the flash of the esp8266 to clear all old SDK settings. do you have esptool installed. if yes, run esptool.py -p COMx erase_flash

[/quote]

uncommented Esproxy and uploaded it.

Erase the flash ?

delete part of the sketch ?

the flash erase part is mentioned only btw in the WiFi Link firmware installation, it would be best to do it now. but we can try without it if you are not familiar with esptool and do not have it installed.

the Arduino core in the IDE is installed?. do you see the esp boards in the Tools menu?

The link :
//arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.jsonv

is in de preferences.

The Tools show :

Wifi101 Firmware updater , nothing news

Tools / Firmware / URL,s does not accept "
//arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.jsonv "

I am lost now !

HarvdL:
The link :
//arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.jsonv

is in de preferences.

The Tools show :

Wifi101 Firmware updater , nothing news

Tools / Firmware / URL,s does not accept "
//arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.jsonv "

I am lost now !

The Library manager shows :
Arduino Uno WiFi Dev Ed Library by Arduino Version 0.0.3 INSTALLED This library allows users to use network features like rest and mqtt. Includes some tools for the ESP8266. Use this library only with Arduino Uno WiFi Developer Edition. M

cc.arduino.contributions.libraries.ui.ContributedLibraryReleases@6356a8

WiFi Link by Arduino Version 1.0.1 INSTALLED E

Uno WiFi Developer Edition Serial1 by Juraj Andrassy Version 1.0.2 INSTALLED Implements Serial1 of Arduino Uno WiFi Developer Edition board to access the on-board ESP8266 This library is a driver for

"
the next step is to erase the flash of the esp8266 to clear all old SDK settings. do you have esptool installed. if yes, run esptool.py -p COMx erase_flash "

I skipped this one!

How can i do this ?

I mentioned this running in Windows 7.
I think I have to run this on my 64 bits PC ?

HarvdL:
The Library manager shows :
Arduino Uno WiFi Dev Ed Library by Arduino Version 0.0.3 INSTALLED This library allows users to use network features like rest and mqtt. Includes some tools for the ESP8266. Use this library only with Arduino Uno WiFi Developer Edition. M

cc.arduino.contributions.libraries.ui.ContributedLibraryReleases@6356a8

WiFi Link by Arduino Version 1.0.1 INSTALLED E

Uno WiFi Developer Edition Serial1 by Juraj Andrassy Version 1.0.2 INSTALLED Implements Serial1 of Arduino Uno WiFi Developer Edition board to access the on-board ESP8266 This library is a driver for

Uno WiFi Developer Edition Serial1 by Juraj is OK :slight_smile:

HarvdL:
Start Arduino and open Preferences window.
Enter http://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.json into Additional Board Manager URLs field. You can add multiple URLs, separating them with commas.

done:

Open Boards Manager from Tools > Board menu and find esp8266 platform.

There are updates but nothing like "esp8266".

Did you resolve this problem yet?

pert:

Tnx
Working on this in the way you proposed.
Did not get it in the boardsmanager, library manager ?
Again to preferences window.

Then deleted the url before this new one, nothing yet.

Just did a total shutdown and i have to look again !

It showed " new libraries "

pert:

Installed .

ok. so you have EspProxy with FLASHING uploaded to Atmega and esp8266 core package installed.

next install the SPIFFS plugin

and try to install esptool. I had no problems with it on Windows

Imported .zip.
M3essag " specified folder does not contain a valid library !

Juraj:
ok. so you have EspProxy with FLASHING uploaded to Atmega and esp8266 core package installed.

next install the SPIFFS plugin

and try to install esptool. I had no problems with it on Windows

Will try and take vers. 2.7

HarvdL:
Imported .zip.
M3essag " specified folder does not contain a valid library !

what zip? the SPIFFS tool? put it into tools

I,ve put it into tools but the folder does not appear, also not after a retstart.