Arduino Uno with Ethernet Module HanRun 15/10

Hello guys,

I am trying to connect my Arduino Uno Board with the Ethernet Module attached in this post.
It has 12 Pins whereas in all the tutorials I found they use the 10 Pins one.

Could you please help me get it connected?

BTW it has a 5V pin, a 3.3V pin, 2 Grounds.

I tried to power it up and it worked on both voltages.

Another thing I wanted to ask about is the ICSP module on my Arduino board; Can I use it to connect to the ethernet module?

I appreciate your help the soonest.

Regards.

20151115_094047-1.jpg

20151115_094105-1.jpg

HanRun 15/10 just refers to the RJ45 jack on that module. Your module uses the ENC28J60 Ethernet controller chip if you search for "arduino enc28j60" you'll find information on how to connect it. The Arduino Ethernet library doesn't support the EMC28J60 so you'll have to use a different library that does support it. I think the most popular one is https://github.com/ntruchsess/arduino_uip

mahmoud_mahdi: Another thing I wanted to ask about is the ICSP module on my Arduino board; Can I use it to connect to the ethernet module?

Yes you can use that header to connect the ENC28J60 module.

Dear pert,

Thank you for your information. I appreciate your help a lot.

I need to make sure I understand this part of the answer:

pert:
Yes you can use that header to connect the ENC28J60 module.

Lets say I did the connection to the ICSP header and I’m using now the UIPEthernet.h Library to drive the ENC28J60 module.

How shall the Arduino know that the module is connected here and not to pins 10, 11, 12, 13 corresponding to SS, SI, SO, SCK respectively.

And BTW where is the SS pin on the ICSP?

Thank you in advance.

ICSP.PNG

mahmoud_mahdi: Lets say I did the connection to the ICSP header and I'm using now the UIPEthernet.h Library to drive the ENC28J60 module. How shall the Arduino know that the module is connected here and not to pins 10, 11, 12, 13 corresponding to SS, SI, SO, SCK respectively.

The ICSP header is connected to those pins(on your board). There's nothing special about the ICSP header, it's just(on ATmega328P/168 based boards) pin 12(MISO), pin 11(MOSI), pin 13(SCK), Vcc, Gnd, and Reset broken out in a standardized format to make connecting an ISP easy. The ICSP header is also used to allow shields to work with both Uno and Mega type boards as the Mega 2560/1280 has SPI broken out to different pins. There is more information on this here: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/SPI [/quote]

mahmoud_mahdi: And BTW where is the SS pin on the ICSP?

Connect the pin marked CS on your Ethernet module to pin 10 on your Arduino. SS is not on the ICSP header.