Arduino UNO with FTDI drivers

Hi, I was wondering if the Arduino Uno board itself have the FT232RL chip on board? And if i have to use it, do I need to install the FTDI drivers?

Thank you!

Original UNO R3 has ATmega16U2 chip, clones from China usually use CH340. FTDI is used in older boards like Duemilanove (prior to UNO) or some other UNO clones.
Which board you have?

When you install the IDE you have to install a USB dfiver but ig is NOT the one you have to install to use a Pro Mini or standalone ATmega328 with an FTDI breakout.

OK, I just have to chip in. :grinning:

If you use a Linux system for Arduino development (Mint is good), you do not need to worry about the drivers - it just works!

An operating system essentially written by engineers, for engineers, but not restricted to engineers.

Hi Budvar10, I'm currently using an arduino uno R3.

If you use a Linux system for Arduino development (Mint is good), you do not need to worry about the drivers - it just works!

Thanks, but installing an FTDI driver is a much easier for me that learning a new OS...

Maybe!

yoyowadsup:
Hi Budvar10, I'm currently using an arduino uno R3.

You not need FTDI driver then. UNO R3 has ATmega16U2 chip and its driver is included in the Arduino SW. You have to install it.

@Paul__B
Yes, Mint is good.

Reply#7

You not need FTDI driver then. UNO R3 has ATmega16U2 chip and its driver is included in the Arduino SW. You have to install it.

= Reply#5

When you install the IDE you have to install a USB dfiver but it is NOT the one you have to install to use a Pro Mini or standalone ATmega328 with an FTDI breakout.