I am building an IoT sensor net with some Arduinos UNO with LoRa Shields and a Dragino Gateway. The comunication between the two is done and it's not an hard task. Now i need an initialization step between every Arduino UNO and the gateway, so that the Arduinos can tell the gateway what kind of sensors they have. So i need some kind of acknowledge mechanism to make everything go smooth. I tryed to do it but without luck.
Does anyone has any idea on how to do it?
What is it that you are exactly trying to do?
From what little you have stated I offer the following suggests.
The arduino uno boards "announce" their presence and what "services" they offer.
this is bascially what mdns does. see linux command mdns-scan
the dragino gateway just has to read the network to "know" what "services" are being offered by the arduino uno boards.
you could probably use the mdns code base as a starting point.
a mdns-scan of one of my networks returns:
- Canon MG6200 series._http._tcp.local
- Canon MF731C/733C._http._tcp.local
- Canon MG6200 series._printer._tcp.local
- Canon MG6200 series._canon-bjnp1._tcp.local
- Canon MG6200 series._scanner._tcp.local
- Canon MG6200 series._ipp._tcp.local
- Canon MF731C/733C._pdl-datastream._tcp.local
- Canon MF731C/733C._uscan._tcp.local
- Canon MF731C/733C._privet._tcp.local
- Canon MF731C/733C._printer._tcp.local
- Canon MF731C/733C._scanner._tcp.local
- Canon MF731C/733C._ipp._tcp.local
this is the device name, the service, the protocol, the domain.
that is a starting point.