Arduino uno

Please can someone help me I'm new to programming and I'm having problems when I bought the arduino uno starter kit which comes with a book with 15 projects when I upload a example it all works fine however when I write the code from the projects book even thought I've written the code how it's shown in the book when I try to compile or upload the code it comes up with lots of errors so I check and double check that the code is exactly how it is in the book and it is the same can anyone help I'd be grateful thanks

The code comes up with lots of errors .....

I'm really afraid nobody will be able to assist you if you do not provide the error messages that you saw ....

Do you get the very same error messages with any sketch ?

Let 's put the starting kit/book aside for a minute.

• Which version of the IDE software are you using ?
  • Do you get any / or the same error message(s) with the Blink example which is included with Arduino IDE ?

If you do, please get back with the error message that you get, and please paste your code/sketch using the quote tags as indicated in the sticky post on top of this forum ....

dan

Welcome to the Forum. Better yet, read the two posts by Nick Gammon at the top of this Forum for posting guidelines, especially the use of code tags (not quote tags) when posting source code.

You are comparing running a program someone else typed up and debugged, with a program you typed up and failed to debug. If you are not familiar with C/C++, expect to make lots of silly mistakes when typing up code. That's how you learn.

What helps us is to post the exact code you typed up, then the sample code you ran. Right now, both of them are only on your computer. Unless you hand me your password, ...

@Ianharrison89
Welcome to the forum and to a great hobby.
Please help us help you and show us your work as mentioned.

Welcome to the forum.

You need to copy and paste the code, as you typed it. And then copy and paste the errors. Then we have some hope of helping you. As it is you have said: "I have code (which I'm not showing you) and some errors (which I'm not showing you). How do I fix them?".

Please use code tags.

Read this before posting a programming question

How to use this forum

If you write code as you write a forum post then there's your problem... Please try to use some Upper cases and punctuation in you're sentences. In code it's even more important every upper case and , : ; is in the right place... But for here, it would make reading your post and helping you a lot easier.

Good point.

@Ianharrison89 - only the really dedicated will read your mass of text, with no commas or sentence structure, to be interested in helping you.

People here are volunteers. Try to help them to help you.

Hi,

Please can someone help me.
I'm new to programming and I'm having problems.
I bought the arduino uno starter kit which comes with a book with 15 projects.
When I upload a example it all works fine.
However when I write the code from the projects book, even thought I've written the code how it's shown in the book, when I try to compile or upload the code it comes up with lots of errors.
So I check and double check that the code is exactly how it is in the book and it is the same.
Can anyone help?
I'd be grateful thanks. :slight_smile:

At your service.

Tom.... :slight_smile:

Do not cross post.

Mark