Arduino viruses

Hi. I just bought an Arduino Leonardo R3 board and i want to plug it in my PC.. The problem is that i have a virus or two on my PC ( The one that makes the shortcuts on everything that i plug in my PC like USB's, smartphones etc.) and my question is Can i transfer those viruses to the board?

Viruses are simply programs written to run on a particular CPU or operating system. Viruses written for Windows based operating system only run on that OS.

The instruction set used in the PC virus would not make any sense to the Arduino.

Weedpharma

Hello,

i realy do not understand why You dont want to remove those viruses first? Or even completely reinstall the PC if the infection cannot be removed the easy way :astonished:

It does not make any sense to use an infected system :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Christian

weedpharma: Viruses are simply programs written to run on a particular CPU or operating system.

Not true, In 1998/9(?) Java viruses appeared and as Java can run on any OS, those viruses did too. Furthermore since 2006 there exist at least a proof of concept virus written in assembly that is multi-platform (windows, linux, OS-X) . The common layer is here not the OS but the underlying CPU. And we had the STUX-net that did - from technical point of view - amazing things.

In 1998/9(?) Java viruses appeared and as Java can run on any OS, those viruses did too

So, it's a huge relief that the Arduino doesn't run Java.