Arduino vs Genuino

Note: I am very new to the Arduino forum, so if this is in the wrong place please move it to the right place, thanks, and sorry if its in the wrong place.

I have some questions about the Genuino:

1. Why didn't they just continue with the Arduino outside the US?

2. Why can't we get all of the Arduinos in Genuino form?

Thanks for all replys

1. Why didn't they just continue with the Arduino outside the US?

Copyright issues.

1. Why can't we get all of the Arduinos in Genuino form?

Different manufacturers willing to build different boards.

1. With what?

2. Will we ever get all of the Arduino boards in genuine form? I thought it was the same manufacturer?

1. With what?

Arduino.cc copyrighted the Arduino name in the US. Arduino.org copyrighted (or tried to) the Arduino name in other countries.

1. Will we ever get all of the Arduino boards in genuine form?

Probably.

I thought it was the same manufacturer?

Is that a statement or a question? Clearly, as one can see from the web page, they are not.

PaulS: Arduino.cc copyrighted the Arduino name in the US. Arduino.org copyrighted (or tried to) the Arduino name in other countries. Probably. Is that a statement or a question? Clearly, as one can see from the web page, they are not.

1. I don't understand

2. Hopefully

It was a question, but sorry, I didn't see that page.

PaulS: Arduino.cc copyrighted the Arduino name in the US. Arduino.org copyrighted (or tried to) the Arduino name in other countries. Probably. Is that a statement or a question? Clearly, as one can see from the web page, they are not.

I don't understand, what is arduino.org?

Actually, trademark issues. Different companies own the trademark for "Arduino" in the USA, and in Italy (at least.)

It's described pretty well here: http://hackaday.com/2015/03/12/arduino-v-arduino-part-ii/ (and related/referenced pages.)

Since there are pending court cases, public details as to the current state of things are ... scarce. But I would say that from appearances, things are not going too well for either party, or for the users :-(