Arduino Water Pump

Write a program that will run the pump at full speed up to the set point and stop. The pump must remain off for at least 20 seconds before restarting. The Arduino must collect data every 5 seconds regardless of the status of the pump.

neat homework assignment. got any idea how to do it ?

I got a better idea , why don't YOU write the program ?

This is a quote taken from ANOTHER forum. It is their POLICY. It is very similar to OUR policy, the only difference being is that when people try to do this , we enjoy humiliating them in front of the whole world. We will continue to do that until you realize that we are not here to do your homework. Period. So what are we here for you might ask ? (besides waiting for lazy people to ask us to do their homework so we can laugh and humiliate them) We are here to help you LEARN. What a concept right ?

We don't mind helping you but we won't do all of the work for you. Please post what you've already done including any ideas you've had and we might be able to make some suggestions. If you've got completely no idea then may be it's your lecuturer's fault and it isn't right that you make him/her look good by cheating and copying from the Internet.

[u]So here is your assignment :[/u]

Write a program that will run the pump at full speed up to the set point and stop. The pump must remain off for at least 20 seconds before restarting. The Arduino must collect data every 5 seconds regardless of the status of the pump.

Well, what is the first question you should ask yourself when you see this assignment ? Put more to the point, "what is wrong with this picture ?" Ask yourself, "Are ALL pumps the SAME ?" Or better yet, are ALL motor drivers the same ? When reading this assignment , do find yourself wondering "I wonder what kind of motor driver the pump has...." "Too bad it doesn't say." "Is it a relay ?" "Is it a motor ?" "Is it a relay that turns on a motor ?" Or do you find yourself wondering "How fast is FULL SPEED ?" Or do you find yourself wondering "what is the setpoint ?" Are you thinking to yourself "maybe I can just tell the computer to turn on the pump and it will KNOW how to do that and KNOW what the setpoint is and KNOW how fast FULL speed is WITHOUT me telling it . " Too bad that is not the case... Back to the drawing board.... While you're thinking about that, ask yourself this "How will the computer know when 20 seconds is up ?" Maybe it can ask me and I'll tell it by hitting a spacebar or something..." (Nah, that doesn't sound very hi-tech) Oh hey, before I run off to watch my favorite TV program, did you have a question ?