Arduino + Wav Trigger + 2 Audio Amplifiers MAX9744

I am building a interface where a series of audio samples (as wav files) will be played by a Robertsonics Wav Trigger.
This board has a mini-stereo jack which I would like to use in order to control 4 speakers.

The MAX9744 amplifier can control 2 speakers and I thought that perhaps I could control 4 speakers by using two amplifiers. What do you think?
What type of splitter will I need in oder to send the same stereo signal to both MAX9744s?

The interface I am building is pretty small and would like to avoid using classic mixers.
Is there any board that could do this or that I could build up myself?

Thank you for your help!

Best

Elso

The interface I am building is pretty small and would like to avoid using classic mixers.

Splitting is the opposite of mixing and it's OK to hard-wire two inputs together. A regular [u]Y-Splitter[/u] will work fine.

...You should never directly connect two audio outputs together. For that you need a mixer (although you can make a simple passive/lossy miser with resistors). And, you have to be careful with multiple speakers to the same amp because of the impedance load.

Hi,
thank you for replying!
I thought about using Y-splitters, my only concern is that they can be ‘noisy’ at times.
Perhaps I simply haven’t bought a good one yet.
:slight_smile:
I like the idea of the passive mixer, will look into it.

Best

E