Arduino Weather data on google maps

So I have a couple of arduinos that are sending me historic temperature and other data when I send them a text message. They reply in sms form when I want them to which is enough to get me started, but ideally I'd like this information to be available online. I have a GPRS module that can push the data online but I don't know the best/easiest way to go about it. Eventually I want this data to be visible in map form and I want this to be easily scalable if I end up installing more units or other people add units to it.

Can anyone give any advice on the platforms I need to combine to make this happen? At the moment I'm looking at using a google spreadsheet that uses fusion tables to create a map. This seems like a pretty simple solution and I doubt it's scalable. Other people seem to use mySQL to store the data in a database and then like this to a website, but the tutorials that do this often seem outdated and have more questions in the comments section than answers. There are also a plethora of other methods out there and I'm having trouble cutting through all the fat to find the best solution. I also don't want to just feed into a larger weather site like wunderground. Has anybody here gotten a basic site online like this? What sources did you use?

https://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/overview.asp

Thanks Dave, but posting my weather data to wunderground wont make me a millioare. I need my own weather website to be rich! But in all reality I just want to have my own data feeding into my own database that I link to my own site.

Has anybody done something similar?

SparkFun has a free public service that allows you to post data. It won't make you rich either.

If you have your own web site, you can post anything and that has been done many, many times. Forum member Catweazel provides an all-Arduino, public domain, home weather station example.

acitta:
Thanks Dave, but posting my weather data to wunderground wont make me a millioare. I need my own weather website to be rich! But in all reality I just want to have my own data feeding into my own database that I link to my own site.

Has anybody done something similar?

no? not sure what a "millioare" is but my mother said we can be anything we want to be.

instead of joining , peek under the hood and see what they are doing. right or wrong. do more of what is right, less of what is wrong, and then do it better.