arduino weather station

hello so i'm doing for my engineering final year project a weather station using arduino uno R3 the system mainly consists of a temperature and humidity sensor namely DHT-11 also the most complex part is an ultrasonic anemometer which i have designed but having problems to program. i am using 4 hc-sr04 ultrasonic transducers and based on time of flight theory i have formulated time intervals into getting wind speed and direction. anyone experienced in this field here to help me? thanks in advance

Please provide details of the anemometer hardware. It is nearly impossible to help you without that.

i am thinking of using ultrasonic transducer HC SR04 mounted in tubes i will place 4 of them each in north east west and south each transducer will be facing each other the transmitter of the first will be exactly in front of the receiver of the second transducer same applied for the third and forth all will be separated within a distance L i want to get the transit time for the signal to get from the transmitter to the receiver for each direction my problem is how to measure the transit time intervals

The existing drivers already measure the transit times. You just need to trigger the modules simultaneously and disable one RX/TX respectively on each module. However I doubt that these modules have enough resolution to detect a difference in air velocity. Do the math.

It's been done here with custom hardware: http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,8535.0.html

The question you need to ask yourself is whether the HC04 can resolve time differences in the range of 1.0 microsecond.

It's a question that as a final year engineering student, you should have no trouble researching.

It's a question that as a final year engineering student, you should have no trouble researching.

+1