Arduino Weather Webcam with OV7670 Module NO FIFO that takes a photo every hour

Hi,

I'm a newbie on Arduino and electronics.. I've made only some simple sketch using DHT sensors, LEDs in last months.
But I'm not able to make a Webcam with the ov7670 no fifo module I bought.

I searched for hours on the web but i didn't find any Arduino sketch that uses ov7670 with no fifo and I'm not able to make by myself using the libraries..

pratically I want to use this sensor to take a photo every hour (one only frame) and store it on a SD card.. I'll put the "arduino webcam" on a mountain with a solar shielded DHT22 temp/hum sensor to archive thermohygrometric data and panorama images ...
I don't need the FIFO because I don't want to use the cam for streaming video, or frequent image grabs..

Can anyone help me to build a simple and short code that can make this (only the OV7670 part)?

PS: I don't need any photo display.

I'm not English, sorry for some bad english words

Thanks very much for help :slight_smile:

But I believe that it is very difficult that you have time to store the image in SD without a FIFO.

You can search for an Arducam module or use a cheap camera that you control from Arduino.

zoomx:
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=159557.0
But I believe that it is very difficult that you have time to store the image in SD without a FIFO.

You can search for an Arducam module or use a cheap camera that you control from Arduino.

Thanks.. But do you have any idea of how to create an Arduino sketch based on that C library?

Unfortunately no.
But a cheap camera costs less than 10 $ and has the same characteristics of a OV7660 sensor.
Maybe better to use a Raspberry PI and his camera.

I agree, forget the Arduino and use the RPi. The camera designed for it is far higher quality than the OV7660, and not much more expensive. Plus you can store images on a thumb drive.