Arduino web creator gives me an error

whenever I compile any program in the web create agent, it reports of successfully compiled but there is this line of code in the debug console:

Using core ‘arduino’ from platform in folder: /home/builder/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/samd/1.8.1

Error reading file (/tmp/138997171/custom/tmp1556430136699217155/library.properties:0): Invalid line format, should be ‘key=value’

not only that, whatever I type is being successfully compiled.

Could you provide a link to the sketch that throws up that error ?

It is normal to also give other details and that assistance is available in the sticky threads at the top of this section.

Is it just COMPILE or is it also UPLOAD that presents a problem ?

Could be something as simple as an over aggressive antivirus or as complex as a shared network such as corporate / educational.

Bob.

The problem is that one of the libraries you imported has incorrect formatting of the first line of its library.properties file. Every line of library.properties must contain a =, start with #, or consist entirely of whitespace.

You'll need to figure out which of your imported libraries is the problematic one, fix its library.properties file, and then import it again. I don't know how to determine which custom library /tmp/138997171/custom/tmp1556430136699217155 corresponds to. You would probably have noticed the issue immediately so it's likely the library you imported most recently. If you can't figure out what is wrong with the library.properties, you can post it here and I'll take a look.

Pranaov-Senthil: not only that, whatever I type is being successfully compiled.

It's actually not being successfully compiled. What's happening is the compilation process is aborted when the invalid library is encountered. However, it's definitely a bug that the Arduino Web Editor says "Success: Saved on your online Sketchbook and done verifying sketch_jul4a". I have reported this to the Arduino Web Editor developers. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

ballscrewbob: Is it just COMPILE or is it also UPLOAD that presents a problem ?

Could be something as simple as an over aggressive antivirus or as complex as a shared network such as corporate / educational.

Bob.

Hello Bob, thank you for your response. I have deleted all the custom libraries and te starred libraries whatever board I select from the web IDE, it gives me the error. all the sketches give me the same error.

here is the debug script:

Using board 'nano' from platform in folder: /home/builder/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/avr/1.6.23

Using core 'arduino' from platform in folder: /home/builder/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/avr/1.6.23

Error reading file (/tmp/120561798/custom/tmp1556430136699217155/library.properties:0): Invalid line format, should be 'key=value'

Then it is pushing me that it is successfully compiled. That's my problem. Hope any of you help me

Hi, I realized later that the "tmp1556430136699217155" part of the library path probably indicated this is what I call a "zombie library", which is where a copy of an imported custom library remains installed even after you've deleted it. I mentioned that along with my bug report to the Arduino developers and they will look into it.

pert: I mentioned that along with my bug report to the Arduino developers and they will look into it.

Hello Pert, Thank you for your help Hope my problem is resolved soon.

Hi @Pranaov-Senthil are you still getting the same error?:

Error reading file (/tmp/120561798/custom/tmp1556430136699217155/library.properties:0): Invalid line format, should be 'key=value'

pert: Hi @Pranaov-Senthil are you still getting the same error?:

Yes @pert I am getting the same issue even now.

Error reading file (/tmp/769968735/custom/tmp1556430136699217155/library.properties:0): Invalid line format, should be 'key=value'

Hi Pranaov-Senthil. I'm sorry to see you're still encountering this bug. I have notified the Arduino Web Editor development team about this.

Some of the standard things to try.

1. Ensure you have cleared your browser's CACHE

2. Open CREATE in your browsers incognito / or similar window.

3. Turn off or disable any additional security / antivirus (just for testing only)

4. Ensure you are not using a cloud based storage such as ONEDRIVE, GOOGLE DRIVE or network shared drive for any create process.

5. Ensure the network you are on is not restricted in any way such as often happens on public Wi-Fi, school or corporate networks.

Additional information that might be useful.

Is it just one library that causes the issue ?

If the library is one that you uploaded please provide a link to where you got it ?

Please post a link to the shared sketch on CREATE that causes the problem ?

Bob.