Arduino Website(s?)

Hello everybody,

I didn't know exactly where to ask this so I think general discussion is fine.

I was just wondering why there is two arduino websites (.org and .cc) and why they have different products.

Does this have anything to do with the "New era for arduino" blog post?

Just a bit confused,

eLion101

eLion101: I was just wondering why there is two arduino websites (.org and .cc) and why they have different products.

You can get an overview on the cause of all this stupidity by reading through these articles: https://hackaday.com/tag/arduino-vs-arduino/

eLion101: Does this have anything to do with the "New era for arduino" blog post?

It's certainly not the cause of having two websites. I keep hoping that one of these developments will lead to that website being taken down but so far no luck and no straight answers from Arduino.

Okay, thank you

The IDE has re-merged which is a step in the right direction. These types of thing are never as straight forward as one would hope nor as quick.

Some months ago I obtain informations by whois
Two web sites were managed by the same organization Arduino AG (Switz company) and by the same person Federico Musto.
Now all information concerning arduino.cc is hidden, information concerning arduino.org is still public.

Arduino AG is a new company
Before arduino.cc belonged to Arduino.SA company

Notice that in www.arduinosrl.it, the name of company who formerly was Smart Project (“Arduino historic manufacturer”) is now renaming “Arduino AG”.

Notice that arduinosrl.it is down for maintenance (?) since several weeks.

Before arduino.cc belonged to Arduino SA exclusive property of M Banzi,
Now Arduino.sa is renamed BCMI Labs SA always exclusive property of M Banzi.
Information : https://www.moneyhouse.ch/fr/company/arduino-sa-5401881161

Something is getting ready, but what ?

You had only partial information about the conflict.
Hackaday also gave the floor to F Musso.and the explanations are different.
As always the truth is in the middle.
Proof is that they found an agreement, if one had everything true and the other false no agreement would have been possible.
The important thing is that they now agree

On arduino history you can also read:
arduinohistory.github.io