Arduino Wifi ESP8266-01 Controlled light | programming problem

Sequential lights are working properly using the arduino with the appropriate code from various tutorials from youtube.

The main problem is that the ESP8266-01 wifi is not working properly on the arduino software

The ESP8266-01 wifi wiring is correct based on the schematic (on google) so it is turned on HOWEVER the ESP8266-01 can be detectable from devices.

Our main problem is on the arduino is about the serial monitor

from the tutorial on youtube: Cheap and Easy WiFi (IoT) Tutorial Part 1 - ESP8266 Setup/Intro - YouTube at exactly 12:26
Here you can check whether the ESP8266-01 wifi is working on the arduino or not. When the guy typed "AT" the serial monitor replied "ok" which means good and it is working properly and you can proceed to another procedure and so on...

But the problem is that when I typed "AT" on the serial monitor on my pc supposedly it should reply ok unfortunately it does not. I just received encrypted letters instead whenever I type something on the serial monitor.

What could be the possible problem here?
Is it the ESP8266-01 wifi wiring is the problem?
Is it the ESP8266-01 itself is malfunctioned or purchased the defective one?
Is it my Arduino Software?
Is it my operating system/architecture/version?

and also give me legit website/youtube tutorials on how to complete this project if there is :slight_smile:
Thanks in advance....

Check that all your baud rates match. Serial monitor baud rate needs to match the baud rate in setup(). If you are using a software serial port to talk to the ESP serial port they must match, too.

Without seeing your code (in code tags, please, per the forum guidelines) it is hard to answer any better.
The pictures are hard to decipher, can you post a schematic of the wiring?

Powering the ESP from the Uno 3.3V can be problematic as the 3.3V regulator can't provide the needed current. Do you have level shifters between the Uno TX and ESP RX?

What could be the possible problem here?

The baud rate between the Arduino and the ESP (if they are two different devices) is not the same on each end. Or, the baud rate between the Arduino and the Serial Monitor is not the same.

Is it the ESP8266-01 itself is malfunctioned or purchased the defective one?

Either than or the owner is.

Is it my Arduino Software?

No. It is almost certainly the sketch you created using the Arduino software.

Is it my operating system/architecture/version?

WTF? Trying to blame everyone but yourself, when the problem is almost certainly something you did wrong?

I have a ESP-01. Its default baud rate is 115200.

To use the ESP-01 with an Uno and to also be able to debug your code, you need a Serial-TTL converter such as .
It is very difficult to debug code without one if you are using a Uno and not a Mega.

I hope that you know that you should use a voltage divider to provide proper voltage level on RX pin of ESP-01.

I hope that you know that you need a 3.3V voltage - not the Arduino.

Without seeing your code (in code tags, please, per the forum guidelines) it is hard to answer any better.
The pictures are hard to decipher, can you post a schematic of the wiring?

Powering the ESP from the Uno 3.3V can be problematic as the 3.3V regulator can't provide the needed current.

We are using the 3.3V based on the schematic above.

Do you have level shifters between the Uno TX and ESP RX?

We don't know what is level shifters.

I am just doubting because most of the tutorials are using mac os and windows7. I am using windows 8.1 64bit

ieee488:
I have a ESP-01. Its default baud rate is 115200.

Sir how to know our baud rate

you need a Serial-TTL converter

We don't know what is Serial-TTL converter sir

kennethdelfino:

We are using the 3.3V based on the schematic above.

And we just told you, you shouldn't do that.

kennethdelfino:
Sir how to know our baud rate

Trial and error.

kennethdelfino:
We don't know what is Serial-TTL converter sir

I just showed you what it looks like above.

If you are going to sit on your hands and ignore us and point to those tutorials, then there is no point with continuing on with this.