Arduino Wifi Rev 2 naming a file with the current Date, Library

Hello everyone,

I have an Arduino wifi rev 2, a DHT11 sensor and one sd card reader.

I require to log the temperature and humidity of the sensor on a file with the current date.

The idea is that while the Arduino has power, create the file with today's date and log the data from the sensor.

Now, this is not mandatory but i would also like to check if the file with the current date exists on the sd card and to continue logging the data from the end of the file.

The problem i have so far is i am not sure what Time library i should use with wifi rev 2, anyone has a suggestion?

Acidust:
Now, this is not mandatory but i would also like to check if the file with the current date exists on the sd card and to continue logging the data from the end of the file.

The problem i have so far is i am not sure what Time library i should use with wifi rev 2, anyone has a suggestion?

You dopn't need a library to do that. Something like

void getFileName(){
sprintf(filename, "%02d%02d%02d.csv", year, month, day);
}

suffices.
When you write to the file, a new one will be created, if needed, or the the existing will be continued.

Nick_Pyner:
void getFileName() {
sprintf(filename, "%02d%02d%02d.csv", year, month, day);
}

The issue i have with this declaration is that i have to somehow pass the year, the month and the day to this function?

you might need to declare

char filename = "00000000.CSV";
File myFile;

Do you not have an RTC running?

http://bildr.org/2011/03/ds1307-arduino/

Nick_Pyner:
you might need to declare

char filename = "00000000.CSV";
File myFile;

Do you not have an RTC running?

bildr Do You Have The Time? DS1307 RT Clock + Arduino - bildr

The only parts i am using are the Arduino Uno wifi rev 2 and the DHT11! I was just wondering if there is a library to get the date via the USB connection with the computer.

All you need do is find, or write, a windows programme that sends PC time to serial, but since you have WiFi, you might get the time over Internet Time Protocol instead. It may well be an even better idea than using an RTC, and will save you about $2.50.