Arduino will not upload new program

I just received my Arduino yesterday and I am fairly new to how it works. I uploaded a couple of programs that worked successfully before, but now no new program will upload. I tried to reset the board, but the same program keeps running. I have read that the problem could be in the usb cable, but I do not have another to try and I just received this cable new yesterday. The Arduino is turning on and the computer is responding to it being plugged in. The error message is attached.

Thanks!!

Did you forget to attach the error message? Actually please don’t attach error messages if you can avoid it and whatever you do DON’T POST SCREENSHOTS OF TEXT!!! When you get an error message you’ll see a button on the right side of the orange bar “Copy error message”. Click that button and then paste the error in a message here on the forum using code tags(</> button on the toolbar). This will make it easier for us to help you and more likely for you to get a solution to your problem. If the output is longer than the forum will allow then you can attach it as a text file.

Hi Maddie, I just encounter the same symptoms with my arduino board on Windows 10. I solved the problem by running Arduino IDE as admin. Hope this will help.