Arduino wireless Connection

I wanted to connect two Arduino's wirelessly such that the data is transferred only if the first Arduino is in a particular direction of the second. Please help me with which means of communication I should Use.

Thanks in advance

Start by describing the actual project, remember you probably know what the project actually is, the forum does not.

Did you consider that the type of 'wireless' connection used might depend on where these Arduinos actually are and how far apart they are ? Do you think that sort of information would help the forum to provide better answers ?

abcabcxyzxyz:
data is transferred only if the first Arduino is in a particular direction of the second.

You won't be able to figure that out with the wireless devices.

...R

I want to transfer data between two cars with arduino in each of them only if the first car is in the immediate front of the second(maybe at some distance like 5-7 meters). The data is not intended to be transferred if the first car is in any other direction of the second car.

Please Help me with this

The way to do this is by using optical communication using LEDs and phototransistors mounted at the end of a black tube which strictly limits the view to the area you require. You will of course, need a "carrier" protocol.

Hi,
What is the application?
What data do you want to transfer?
Why do you need this data from the front car?

Thanks.. Tom.. :slight_smile:

Paul__B:
The way to do this is by using optical communication using LEDs and phototransistors mounted at the end of a black tube which strictly limits the view to the area you require. You will of course, need a "carrier" protocol.

That's nice "outside the box" thinking.

...R

Robin2:
That's nice "outside the box" thinking.

It is about the only plausibly practical way to do it outside of some serious microwave communications engineering. :astonished:

unless you use a GPS assist

GPS (both ends) plus WiFi - that would work.

I would recommend you using assisted GPS (which collects also data about Wi-Fi and other wireless connections). You can read this guide about the creation of location-aware apps. Long story short, A-GPS saves you time, battery charge, and is much more accurate.