Arduino With Cell phone?

I'm not sure i'm posting in the right section, if I'm not let me know.

Anyways, I am trying to find a way that I could have my arduino ppm meter send a text to my phone when it detects that the ppm levels are over a certain point. Is this possible? I can't seem to find a way that i could have the arduino send a text.

You need something along these lines: http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9607

If you don't want to buy a SIM card/plan for your ppm meter, and it has internet access, you could use the Twitter Library and an ethernet shield (or wifi) to have your device tweet to a dedicated twitter account whenever it detects the high ppm level. Then create another twitter account(if you don't have one already) and set it to text you whenever the arduino-dedicated account has a new tweet. Twitter's SMS function is free, other than your service provider's normal SMS fees, and very fast. If I have twitter open on my computer, on the subscribed/sms'd page, I'll get the text message before it shows up in the browser. Added bonus, it'll keep a nice time/dated log of every time it went over, accessible from any computer :)

I never thought to use wifi and a Twitter account. That's a great idea. I'm new to arduino and have never tried to make something like this before. Are there any tutorials for how I would program the arduino to take the readings from the temperature probe and ppm meter and send them to the ethernet shield to post to the Twitter Library?