digitalWrite(notAvailableLEDpin, LOW);

}
  else {
    digitalWrite(availableLEDpin, LOW);
    digitalWrite(notAvailableLEDpin, HIGH);
  }
  delay(100);
}

I am trying to connect to bluetooth from y iOS application. The application is searching and connecting to the HC 08 correctly. And sending data successfully - Swift code log showing sent successfully.

But back in Arduino, always led connected to pin notAvailableLEDpin is glowing and nothing is printing in serial monitor. What is wrong with my implementation?

Try swapping the RX and TX pins in the call to SoftwareSerial.

When the radio receives data it gets sent out the TX pin, which needs to be connected to the Arduino RX pin.

I tried this, but no good news :cry:

I have doubt, Is HC 08 compatible with Arduino Uno R3?

I'm not aware of anybody actually using one, but I think it should be. I understand it is an SPP device, just like an HC-05, and the name and appearance suggest it is a simply a BLE replacement.

You do not say if your Swift log proves Bluetooth has actually received any signal. It probably doesn't, but there may be a confirmation LED on the module.

Your problem may simply be slack signal wiring between Arduino and HC-08. You might be able to test this by sending AT, i.e. just a ping, to it before the phone is connected. Assuming the module is on a standard postage stamp breakout board, it is good practice to use a 1k/2k divider between Arduino Tx and BT Rx. Failure to do this is not necessarily fatal.

You might possibly find the following background notes useful

http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~npyner/Arduino/GUIDE_2BT.pdf
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~npyner/Arduino/BT_2_WAY.ino

And I would be very glad to hear if you do.

I finally got one of these to send and receive but not what I expected. If I connect from my Mac or iPhone and send a write to the device I can see the text come in on the device TX line (and into serial monitor). Likewise, I can send from the serial monitor to the device and see the characters using the app BlueSee. But, I cannot seem to get any AT command (AT ) recognized and any emit to the device is not echoed back.

tgunr:
I finally got one of these to send and receive but not what I expected. If I connect from my Mac or iPhone and send a write to the device I can see the text come in on the device TX line (and into serial monitor). Likewise, I can send from the serial monitor to the device and see the characters using the app BlueSee.

Well, I guess that is a triumph.

But, I cannot seem to get any AT command (AT ) recognized and any emit to the device is not echoed back.

I believe BLE is in AT mode by default. Maybe it is just a format problem.
http://www.martyncurrey.com/arduino-to-arduino-by-bluetooth/#more-2922