arduino with nRF24L01+

hi there,

i m working on a project where i need to send data from one rf transceiver to another which is in the same room. i m using the nRF24L01+ rf transceiver with antenna chip from sparkfun.

for the sending end i have a arduino pro mini (5v) interfaced with a nRF24L01+, and for the receiving end i have arduino mega interfaced with a nRF24L01+.

i have found a code someone else had used for the same modules im using, but i have some queries.

how do i check if the data is being sent, without the receiving side? will the transceiver ligh up when it is sending data or something?
cos wen i fixed up the whole circuit and stuff, i tried sending but there is no sign of whether the data is being sent or not.

i tried opening up the serial monitor and observing if something comes out. but nothing can be seen..

please do help me!!! thank you...

this is the code fr the transmittiting end:

#include <Spi.h>
#include <mirf.h>
#include <nRF24L01.h>

void setup(){
  Serial.begin(9600);
  Mirf.init();
  Mirf.setRADDR((byte *)"clie1");
  Mirf.config();
  Mirf.payload = sizeof(int);
}

void loop(){
  //byte data[Mirf.payload];
  Mirf.setTADDR((byte *)"serv1");

Mirf.send((byte *)"hello");

while(Mirf.isSending()){
  }
  Serial.println("Finished sending");
  delay(10);
}

Hi Aslam,

Unfortunately there is no physical acknowledgement, like a LED flashing, by the nRF24L01+ when a packet is received. You may be able to use the level on the interrupt pin to determine if a packet is waiting. This will read 0v if the the radio is waiting for attention. However under normal operation this will only last a fraction of a second and won't happen at all if the radio hasn't been configured.

In the playground download there should be two example applications 'ping_client' and 'ping_server' it's a good idea to get these working first on two ordinary Arduinos if possible.

I don't know if the Spi library which the driver depends will work on an Arduino mega. The pins numbers will definitely be different.

Hope that helps