Arduino Won't upload

Hi,

I have just bought an Arduino Uno Genuino.
After installing the program + the drivers.
I reach the point of trying to upload a sketch, however after trying to do so the software tells me that after 10 attempts the sketch could not be uploaded.
In addition, I have an Arduino Micro which seems to work fine...

Please note, I have selected the right port (COM 1 ) and set the correct Board type.

Please help

Try the older 1.6.5 version of the IDE

Nope .... no success :frowning:

In addition, The COM port 1 does not say Arduino in it... just Communication port...

Check device manager, see if anything appears when you plug in the Uno.

And it's a real Genuino uno, not a clone with a CH340G (those need different drivers, not included with the IDE)?

I bought the device via the Arduino website, so I am pretty sure that it is authentic...
When connecting the USB port the device manager does not react at all...
The strange thing is that I was able in the past to upload a sketch with a simple program.
However, now the program doesn't show the availability of a port when connecting it..

Maybe it is possible that the UNO is stuck on the previous program that I set it on...
Is there a way to make a hard reset ?

Which Arduino website? arduino.cc or arduino.org

arduino.cc

Is anything connected to pins 0 or 1 of the Arduino? Those pins must be free.

Also, previously you said it tried 10 times to upload, but now you're saying there's no com port, so it would have not gotten that far. Which is it?

I don't understand how you able to select COM1.

On my desktop PC with nothing connected, the Arduino IDE install took COM3.

DrAzzy:
Is anything connected to pins 0 or 1 of the Arduino? Those pins must be free.

Also, previously you said it tried 10 times to upload, but now you're saying there's no com port, so it would have not gotten that far. Which is it?

No Nothing was connected to the 1 or 0 pins...

let me explain, at the beginning when first connecting it ( approximately, two weeks ago), the computer was able to connect to the Arduino, and I was able to upload a simple blinking program. I did not make any changes to the software or drivers...

However, when trying to connect it the computer yesterday, the computer did not seem to find it at all..
Currently even with out connecting the device to the PC, the device manger shows a COM1 option.
The reason that I am mentioning it at all, is because the Arduino sketch gives me the only option of COM1.

I think that I might be a device hardware issue ...

ieee488:
I don't understand how you able to select COM1.

On my desktop PC with nothing connected, the Arduino IDE install took COM3.

No idea, the main issue is that the computer isn't able to find the device at all, as if it wasn't connected at all to it...