Arduino Xbee and Max communication

I am communicating with a set of Xbees using the Arduino and Max. Everything is working fine except that I have to wait 10 sec between each message I send from Max to the Arduino. It seems that the Arduino and Max are waiting for some kind of confirmation before they are ready to for another message.
I’ve attached the Arduino code and the Max patch.
Anne

XBee_AnneLaBerge.ino (1.74 KB)

XBee_Basic.maxpat (14.9 KB)

What kind of XBees are you using, and how have you configured them?

Someone configured them for me but they are: XBee 1mW PCB Antenna - XB24-API-001

Does that help?

I’m also attaching the code for the receivers. I have to dig up the code for the sender.

OntvangerProfiel.xml (2.57 KB)

Does that help?

Not at all.

Could you specify what you need to help me with this issue? Is it the code for both the sending and receiving Xbees? Because another party assembled and programmed the Xbees, I am now learning to trouble shoot without doing all my homework but am very willing to catch up on what I need to know. Thanks.

Could you specify what you need to help me with this issue?

Yes. I need to know how the XBees are configured.

Because another party assembled and programmed the Xbees, I am now learning to trouble shoot without doing all my homework

So, how's that working out? Not so well, huh?

Your assumption that the other party configured the XBees correctly does not seem to be well founded.

Forget Max for a while. Does the sender send data that looks right, in the Serial Monitor, when the receiver receives it?

Collaborations can be complex.

Are you referring to the Arduino serial monitor? Or is there a separate software like Processing where I can monitor the Xbee activity?

For the Arduino, because I am using Max and not hardware such as a button or potentiometer to send data, the serial port is taken by Max. Therefore the Arduino software cannot monitor the activity at the same time.

Are you referring to the Arduino serial monitor?

Yes.

Therefore the Arduino software cannot monitor the activity at the same time.

I know that. That's why I said:

Forget Max for a while. Does the sender send data that looks right, in the Serial Monitor, when the receiver receives it?