Arduino + Xbee Shield + Ethernet Shield

Hello Forum,

i would like to make a: - Arduino Duemilanove (but i have got a uno too, but i think, there is not a significant difference for my project) - Arduino Xbee Shield + Xbee Series 2 (Star topology) - Arduino Ethernet Shield with PoE

work togehter. In some threads i have already read thtat this is possible.

Tha main function is: The Xbee Module should receive sent data from a wireless sation. These data should be forwarded to the ethernet shield to make it for the web available.

My first question is: Is it necessarry to make hardware changes. Because of the reason that both modules use the Pin 0 and Pin 1 of Duemilanove.

Does somebody know that, if it would be a problem? In another thread http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1259314544 it is described, that i have to make hardware changes (unfortunatley the link isnt recent)

For any tutorial or help which realises the combination of both tools, i would be very thankful,

Best regards

Andy

Is it necessarry to make hardware changes. Because of the reason that both modules use the Pin 0 and Pin 1 of Duemilanove.

The Ethernet shield does NOT use pins 0 and 1. It uses 10, 11, 12, and 13, and 4 if you have/use the SD card reader.

The XBees shield may, or may not, use pins 0 and 1. Depends on the shield and the jumper/switch settings on the shield.

No hardware changes are needed (or possible).