Arduino Yun: IDE 1.5.5-r2 crash

Hello

I am unable to compile sketch on Arduino IDE 1.5.5-r2 for the COM3 and COM4 exposed aren't free. Starting whith IDE 1.0.5 with Arduino Uno the 18 COM port is accessible also to IDE 1.5.5-r2 but at the end of compilation Java crash.

John Rossati

rossati: Hello

I am unable to compile sketch on Arduino IDE 1.5.5-r2 for the COM3 and COM4 exposed aren't free. Starting whith IDE 1.0.5 with Arduino Uno the 18 COM port is accessible also to IDE 1.5.5-r2 but at the end of compilation Java crash.

John Rossati

YOu probably have to provide way more information about your overall setup in order for anyone getting a faint idea of why this might happen. I am using 1.5.5r2 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit for weeks now and it just works fine, for all the Arduinos I am currently playing with (Uno, Mega2560, Leonardo, Yun), regardless of which port they are connected.

Just as a shot in the dark, are you certain to run the latest Java version (on whatever OS you are running)?

Ralf

Thanks

Searching in the WEB I realized that I could use the WIFI to upload my ' sketch'. However I get from Linino (I believe) a bug:

Impossibile connettersi: riprovo... (1)... 
Impossibile connettersi: riprovo... (2)... 
Impossibile connettersi: riprovo... (3)... 
Impossibile connettersi: riprovo... (4)... 
Impossibile connettersi: forse lo sketch sta usando il bridge?

(Unable to connect: perhaps the sketch is using the bridge? )

What does this mean?

John Rossati