Arduino Yun+ L298 shield

Hello everyone,

I am trying to start a new project for my university . The projects consists of the following:

• I want to control a car via WiFi with 2 DC motors from an Android application (forward, backward, left,right) and also in the same time to have inside the Android application, on half of the screen, images from the web camera connected to the car.

First problem : I have issues controlling a DC motor, with the Arduino Yun and L298 shield Flamingoeda, which is on top of the Arduino. I know that due to the fact Yun has the UTP connector, the L298 shield doesn't fit very well all the pins, but I don't think that this is the problem
I tried to upload a simple program in the microcontroller just to make a test that I can supply enough voltage through the USB cable, but I didn't succed. The program is the following :

int dir1PinA = 12; //
int dir2PinA = 13; //
int speedPinA = 10; //

int i=1;

void setup() {
// put your setup code here, to run once:
pinMode(dir1PinA, OUTPUT);
pinMode(dir2PinA, OUTPUT);
pinMode(speedPinA, OUTPUT);
}

void loop() {

if (i=1)
analogWrite(speedPinA,255);
digitalWrite(dir1PinA,HIGH);
digitalWrite(dir2PinA,HIGH);

}

My questions are :
*what can I do to test if I can supply enough voltage to the motors in order to control them( is it enough for controlling the motors a portable power bank of 5 V /1 A connected directly to Yun)
*is it possible over WiFi communication to control the car and also to have a live video stream on the Android app?

Any other ideas of what can I improve are welcome.

Thank you.

There is no best, only better.

Thanks, but the problem from that topic doesn't help me in the problem with the motor.
Just a quick remark, I used the same L298 shield last project with Arduino Uno and it worked fine controlling the motor, but now with Yun, no success.

Could it be a problem the fact that I power the Arduino Yun from the micro USB connection and I do not power it from the 5 V pin on the shield?

10x. Waiting for your feedback.

Electromagnetic interference (EMI), also called radio-frequency interference (RFI) when in the radio frequency spectrum, is a disturbance generated by an external source that affects an electrical circuit by electromagnetic induction, electrostatic coupling, or conduction.

EMI at Yun + Motor is much critical than Nano + Motor.